Podcast Episode 23: Handy Manny Builds a Death Star

Another big show tonight!

It was a busy week and we’ll try to cover all the news that’s fit to print.

Click the link or chose other options below and listen to this podcast, unless of course you hate truthiness.

Episode 23: Handy Manny Builds a Death Star

Find us here: http://unfilteredunfettered.podhoster.com/

Or go to iTunes and search Unfiltered Unfettered. Find the UF/UF icon, click, and enjoy every episode from season 1.

Then tell us what you think, ask questions, argue with us, mock us.  Do it in the comment section below or the show’s email: theunmail@yahoo.com

"Luke, I am your HMO"

“Luke, I am your HMO”

That’s no moon! Turn the ship around!

In our new segment, Are You Kidding Me! we bring you some of the craziest facts surrounding the new healthcare law. Here’s a taste: More people signed a White House petition to build a Death Star than have signed up for Obamacare. Say it with me ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Get used to this position madam Secretary

Get used to this position madam Secretary

Sebelius Unplugged!

No, MTV is not reviving it’s hit segment. The HHS secretary Kathleen Sebelius, worthy of her own ARE YOU KIDDING ME! is so detached from the disaster that is healthcare.gov she thinks stories about people not being able to log on are just “one time anomalies.”

Is that Handy Manny or Bob the Builder? We report, you decide!

Is that Handy Manny or Bob the Builder? We report, you decide!

Handy Manny to the Rescue!

Nancy Pelosi says don’t worry about it. The President is putting a belt and suspenders on the whole deal. It’ll be right as rain in no time. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

Plus listener suggested topics. K. Thomas first up with a suggestion about reality vs perception on wealth distribution. Here’s the video we discussed: Wealth Inequality in America      Send us ideas, they may make it to live air!

All this and more on episode 22 of UF/UF. Don’t miss it!

Podcast Episode 23: Handy Manny builds a Death Star

12 comments on “Podcast Episode 23: Handy Manny Builds a Death Star

1. Mark Baldini says:

Well done, Pope-meister, well done. I luv the ‘Are you kidding me’ segment.

2. kt says:

Thanks for the discussion on wealth inequality. 5K seemed like a reasonable sample size. I do think it is a problem, but not at a tipping point. There will not be any easy solutions should this reach a tipping point. It seems the influence of money in politics (to reduce the effective tax rates of the ultra wealthy on the false premise of job creation) is at the core of wealth inequality (just my opinion). If this theory is correct the problem will persist. Tony mentioned people are still eating out. They are, what they are not doing is saving. One requires an immediate sacrifice, the other does not. My biggest concern about this is the impact on the economy. It seems to me the economy is healthier when people return money into the market. With 1% holding a majority of the wealth how can that happen? Luxury yachts? Private islands? Ole W got this one right when he advanced tax refunds by way of $800 checks a few years ago. That money went right back into the economy because people spent the money. It was a great political move too because it looked like ole W just sent a free check for $800. Overall the country as a whole experienced a 6% tax reduction under W and we had Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama has continued most of these fiscal policies and the end result is $17T of national debt. If we had a surplus with everyone paying 6% more and not being engaged in expensive wars that seems like a starting point. Of course no one wants to pay more in taxes, but everyone wants to howl about the debt (with no solution). Perhaps a flat increase of .5% over 12 years is a way to return to a tax rate that pays for roads, law enforcement, education, defense, safe food to eat, etc. Of course the old drown the govt in the bathtub policies of Grover would never want any of that. There is certainly waste at the federal level, but throwing the baby out with the bathwater seems just as ridiculous.

Thanks again for discussing the topic. You guys do a great job and I thoroughly enjoy the podcasts!

• fmlinardo says:

I just not at all comfortable with forcing people who have more to give more. That just feels like too much of a penalty for working hard to get where you are. Not saying it won’t work, it’s just an appalling idea to me, that somehow you don’t deserve your position and wealth so we’re going to take it and spread it out to everyone.

Flat tax everyone. Then everyone is paying something instead of the top 1% paying most of the tax burden.

3. ~C says:

“I’m so proud of you, I’m gonna write my mother…” Instant classic right there.

4. R bishop says:

Nice job once again guys …but the f ix worries me…if a bag of s$%t is no fire ..an you fix ..put it out you still have a ..well maybe some kind of emotional logic there…once again he got all quotes what going on there ?

5. whatshupp says:

Until a significant part of the population feels discomfort, nothing will change, that’s really all I meant. It’s a complex problem with no single solution, and I think sometimes we cross the streams when we talk about the problems and the solutions. Regarding getting all the quotes, well, Pope of the Podcast is mostly smart and a little lucky. There’s no fix if that’s what you’re suggesting. I mean, this is the internet, you can trust us.

6. JETSR says:

Another good one guys! I almost fell out of my chair when I heard Tony’s Vagina warning to Fran…priceless! Keep the podcasts coming!

7. domain says:

Right now it appears like WordPress is the top blogging platform out there right
    now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you’re using on your blog?

8. Microsoft has been coy about revealing the
    number of Surface tablets that it has sold thus far. Additionally, remember that
    Universal seral bus Controllers tend to be equipment tat enables your personal computer to operate using USB cable connections.
    From the user experience point of view, the result is quite similar to havingg a
    PC with a “dual boot” configuration of Windoiws XP and Windows 7.

9. Microsoft has been coy about revealing the number of Surface tablets that it has
    sold thus far. Devwloped since 2003, NEWT has developed right into a high-speed PC Inventory tool, abble too scan hundreds of
    computer systems in minutes, aving money and time for organizations
    of all dimensions. From the user experience point of view, the result is quite similar to having
    a PC with a “dual boot” configuration of Windows XP and